This icebreaker is great with a group that just met.
this activity promotes
Time: 10 – 15 min
Participants: 6 – 14
Inside as well as outside.
All the participants stand in a circle.
The participants just met each other and may have done some games already to get to know each other.
How it works
- Everybody stands in a circle and “the smasher” stands in the middle.
- Someone in the circle says the name of someone else. The smasher tries to find this person and hits that person with the newspaper on the legs.
- To avoid getting hit the person, whose name has been called, says another name. Then the smasher has to go after this person. If he is too late and gets hit, he becomes the smasher.
- Making the circle bigger or smaller.
- Adding rules such as, a man can only say a woman’s name or you can’t say someone whose hair has the same colour as yours.
- Before you say the name you have to clap in your hands.
- Suggestions from the group.
Make sure that the participants only hit under the knees, in such a way that it doesn’t hurt.
Keep changing the rules. To make sure that it stays interesting.