Teambuilding Activity: Balloons Off the Ground
I learned this activity from Thea Wieleman-Lamme, for which I am grateful. She conducted this activity during a so-called 'Kanjertraining.'
This activity promotes:
- And who knows what else
Below are the instructions:
Time: 10 minutes
Participants: 6 or more
Indoor and Outdoor
- 2 balloons
The group stands in a circle, but standing freely is also possible.
The goal of this game is to keep the balloon in the air (off the ground). Hands and feet may be used.
- Divide the group into 2 (or more) teams and turn it into a competition.
- Play without using hands.
- Hold each other's hands while playing.
- Form a large circle with a big group, while holding each other's hands.
- Introduce a second balloon.
Pay attention during the game to see who takes initiative, shows courage, who waits, or who follows reluctantly. Perhaps there is someone who didn't even touch the balloon...
Ensure that things don't get too wild and that physical safety is ensured.
If you are looking to buy balloons, you can consider purchasing them separately.